Alright, we're about ten minutes or so from the end of my 48 hour span. Here's the breakdown:
1. The Half-Life of Planets by Emily Franklin & Brendan Halpin (218 pages: 3 hours, 5 minutes).
2. The Prince of Mist by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (214 pages: 2 hours, 50 minutes)
3. The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June by Robin Benway (282 pages: 3 hours, 25 minutes)
4. A Small Free Kiss In The Dark by Glenda Millard (180 pages: 2 hours, 13 minutes)
5. Not That Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivian (322 pages: 2 hours and 29 minutes).
Page count: 1,216
Hour total: 14 hours, 2 minutes
Blogging reviews + Social Networking
1 hour on Friday, June 4
1 hour on Sunday, June 6
+ 1 hour of social networking:
GRAND TOTAL: 17 hours, 2 minutes
Whew! I easily surpassed my goal of 12 hours, though fell short of my goal for 6 books. I really thought I read faster, but perhaps I read faster when I take more mini breaks? Due to the timing part of this, I worked really hard to read in larger chunks of time. And gained much compassion for my summer readers of summers past, who dutifully logged their time spent reading.
I'll definitely want to do this again next year! Perhaps taking a break in the middle for the horrible but fun Sex and the City 2 and dinner with friends was not the best way to get the most out of my 48 hours. But it did wonders for my sanity!